On June 2nd – International Whores’ Day – a virtual discussion forum took place at 4 p.m. local time with the participation of sex workers and allies of the whores’ movement in Brazil from the states of Alagoas, Amazonas, Maranhão, Minas Gerais, Pará, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Sergipe.
The topics of the discussion were:
- The consequences of Covid-19 on stigmatization, the life and work of sex workers
- Prevention of violence in times of isolation and social withdrawal
- Empowerment of sex workers
- The (in)visibility of sex workers in the political discourse at local and national level
- How to break old paradigms and overcome prejudices