The project “TransR-Trans Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights” aims to contribute to the fulfillment, respect and protection of trans sex workers’ (TSW) fundamental rights, through concerted actions that focus on the individuals, but also both at the circumstances and the key-actors that prevent TSW from having optimal physical and psychological health.
The project “TransR” is a transnational programme including the implementation of various interventions among 5 countries: Portugal, Spain, Austria, Italy & Greece in 2018-2019.
The project partners are:
1) APDES Agência Piaget para o Desenvolvimento – is a non-profit NGDO (Non-governmental Development Organisation) highly committed in promoting the human rights of vulnerable groups focusing its actions in ensuring access to health, employment and education for all, and is responsible for the overall coordination of this project. http://www.apdes.pt/en/apdes/about-us.html
2) Positive Voice is the Greek organization of people living with HIV conducting various intereventions in Athens and Thessaloniki since 2009. It has an independent team implementing services and various interventions for sex workers, called the Red Umbrella Athens. http://positivevoice.gr/?p=4533
3) LEFÖ is an association by and for migrant women founded in 1985 by Latin American women living in exile in Austria.http://www.lefoe.at/index.php/About_LEF%C3%96.html
4) MIT is an NGO addressing the defense and the protection of the rights of transexual and transgender people for the last 20 years located in Bologna.
5) Collectivo Hetaira was founded in 1995 by sex workers and activists aiming to advocate for their rights, tackle stigma and violence. http://www.colectivohetaira.org/
This project is funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union
Tampep Network Facebook page