TAMPEP Call for Self-Nominations to the Steering Committee
Calling all sex workers’ rights activists with the desire to be part of a growing strategy to support migrant sex workers’ rights across Europe. Do you wish to be part of a sex worker-led committee that steers the direction of the TAMPEP Network in consultation with member groups? Do you feel passionate about migrant sex workers’ rights? Then why not apply to take one of three open seats on TAMPEP Steering Committee.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have the stated support of a sex worker-led group/organisation, not necessarily a member of TAMPEP.
- Be able to communicate in English, with a second language desirable
- Be available to attend monthly online meetings and one in person meeting each year somewhere in Europe (costs covered by TAMPEP)
- Sex work experience will be prioritised
If you believe in the cause of TAMPEP and have a desire to steer the new strategic focus and direction over the next two years, and you align with the mission and principles of TAMPEP as stated below, please consider applying!! Please note, in line with TAMPEP’s principles of governance, it is hoped that these seats will be taken by sex workers, particularly workers with migrant experience. Sex worker self-nominations will therefore be given priority in the election process.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE STAND FOR
TAMPEP is a migrant sex worker-led network that will focus exclusively on advocacy and networking, with the aim of leveraging the network’s alliances and long legacy to make our voices heard more broadly and in more privileged spaces than ever before. As a migrant sex worker-led network, we seek to advance the rights and health of migrant and mobile sex workers across Europe, recognising the diversity of our community as a crosscutting basis for empowerment.
TAMPEP’s principles, which are our broad advocacy goals are:
- We recognise sex work as work, and support the self-determination of sex workers.
- We call for equal protection and access to health, rights, and justice for all sex workers.
- We commit to fighting stigma, discrimination, and violence.
- We oppose the conflation of migration, trafficking, and sex work, as well as the use of trafficking laws against migrant and mobile sex workers.
- We commit to the inclusion of migrant and mobile sex workers at all stages and levels of policy- and decision-making.
- We oppose the criminalisation of migration, sex work, and health status, and recognise the harmful impact of repressive measures, laws, and policies on the human rights of all sex workers.
- We recognise the diversity within sex work, and embrace all genders, sexualities, nationalities and abilities.
PROCESS TO APPLY
If you consider this an opportunity for you and you meet the eligibility criteria then we would love to receive your self-nomination. The instructions to self-nominate are:
- Fill in the application form https://webropol.com/s/TampepSCnomination (please note this is kept confidential and will only be reviewed for eligibility by the Coordinator and the current Steering Committee member who represents the host organisation of TAMPEP, Pro-Tukipiste)
- Ask the sex worker-led group/organisation that supports your nomination to send a letter of support, stating how they know you and why they support you to be on the Steering Committee of TAMPEP to: email@example.com
- Write a short paragraph that will go out publicly on our communication platforms for people to vote for who they would like to lead the next phase of TAMPEP. The short statement should answer: “Who are you, what is your connection to sex workers’ rights, and what experience, skills and motivation can you bring to TAMPEP?”
The voting procedure will be detailed shortly, ensuring only sex worker-led member groups of TAMPEP can have their say in the elections. The Steering Committee Terms of Reference are attached.
The deadline to self-nominate is: 20th March 2020